The DSL-460 Opacity Monitor is an optical instrument designed to measure the visual opacity and/or concentration of dust or particulate matter in an exhaust gas passing through a duct, stack or flue.
The DSL-460 uses the double pass light transmission measurement technique, with a folded beam Transceiver/Reflector arrangement. A light beam emitted from the Transceiver (TRX) passes across the duct, stack or flue to a Reflector, which then returns the light to the Transceiver where the intensity of the received light is measured. Increased particulate density in the stack gas attenuates the transmitted light and causes the intensity of the received light to fall. This reduction in intensity can be presented as % opacity or when calibrated against standard reference measurements, this reduction in intensity can be used to calculate the particulate concentration and present a reading in mg/m³.
- In situ measurement directly in exhaust gas flow
- Measurement reading as % opacity and/or particulate as mg/m³
- Modulated green LED source for long lifetime stability and immunity to ambient light
- Rugged 316 stainless steel construction
- Integrated visual alignment aid to simplify installation
- In-situ zero and calibration check facility
- ‘Intelligent’ sensor with optional DSCU operator interface with dual parameter display
- Choice of interface options enabling easy integration
- Plug and socket connectors for ease of installation
- Simpler installation than single pass opacity monitors with better accuracy over shorter path lengths
- Rugged design with no moving parts so low maintenance
- Latched head design to enable ease of access to optics for maintenance