The DSL-330 Particulate Monitor is an optical instrument designed to measure the concentration of dust or particulate matter in an exhaust gas passing through a duct, stack or flue.
The DSL-330 uses the double pass light transmission measurement technique, with a folded beam Transceiver/Reflector arrangement. A light beam emitted from the Transceiver (TRX) passes across the duct, stack or flue to a Reflector, which then returns the light to the Transceiver where the intensity of the received light is measured. Increased particulate density in the stack gas attenuates the transmitted light and causes the intensity of the received light to fall. When calibrated against standard reference measurements, this reduction in intensity can be used to calculate the particulate concentration and present a reading in mg/m³.
- In situ measurement directly in exhaust gas flow
- Measurement reading as particulate as mg/m³
- Modulated green LED source for long lifetime stability and immunity to ambient light
- Rugged 316 stainless steel construction
- In-situ zero and calibration check facility
- Choice of interface options enabling easy integration
- Free utility software for PC based set-up, control and data logging
- Optional Operator Interface with different mounting configurations
- Simpler installation than single pass opacity monitors
- Better accuracy over shorter path lengths than single pass opacity monitors
- Rugged design with no moving parts so low maintenance
- Latched head and lid design to enable ease of access for installation and maintenance