The DSL-240 Dust Monitor is an optical instrument designed to measure the concentration of dust or particulate matter in the exhaust gas passing through a duct, stack or flue.
The DSL-240 uses the innovative Dynamic Detection Principle (DDP) in which a light beam emitted from the Transmitter passes across the stack to the Receiver, which measures fluctuations in the intensity of the received light. Increased dust or particulate density in the stack causes the amplitude of these fluctuations to increase. When calibrated against standard reference measurements, the amplitude of this signal relates directly to the dust concentration in the stack and this can be presented as a reading in mg/m³.
- Innovative Dynamic Detection Principle (DDP) measurement technique
- Immune to gradual reductions in absolute intensity of the light signal so less susceptible to drift
- Measurement reading as mg/m³ (when calibrated against standard reference measurements)
- Internal electronic calibration check capability
- Rugged 316 stainless steel construction
- Choice of interface options enabling easy integration
- Free utility software for PC based set-up, control and data logging
- Optional Operator Interface with different mounting configurations
- Significantly less susceptible to drift than standard opacity monitors
- Simple to install, commission and operate with an excellent reliability record
- Rugged design with no moving parts so low maintenance
- Latched head and lid design to enable ease of access for installation and maintenance