The DSL-230 Particulate Monitor is an optical instrument designed to measure the concentration of dust or particulate matter in an exhaust gas passing through a duct, stack or flue.
The DSL-230 uses the single pass light transmission measurement technique, with Transmitter/Receiver arrangement. A light beam emitted from the Transmitter passes across the stack to a Receiver, which measures the intensity of the received light. Increased particulate density in the stack gas attenuates the transmitted light and causes the intensity of the received light to fall. When calibrated against standard reference measurements, this reduction in intensity can be used to calculate the particulate concentration and present a reading in mg/m³.
- In situ measurement directly in exhaust gas flow
- Measurement reading as mg/m³ (when calibrated against standard reference measurements)
- Modulated green LED source for long lifetime stability and immunity to ambient light
- Rugged 316 stainless steel construction
- Choice of interface options enabling easy integration
- Free utility software for PC based set-up, control and data logging
- Optional Operator Interface with different mounting configurations
- Low cost
- Simple to install, commission and operate with an excellent reliability record
- Rugged design with no moving parts so low maintenance
- Latched head and lid design to enable ease of access for installation and maintenance