The DSL-220 Opacity Monitor is an optical instrument designed to measure the visible opacity of exhaust gas in a duct, stack or flue.
The DSL-220 uses the single pass light transmission measurement technique, with Transmitter/Receiver arrangement. A light beam emitted from the Transmitter passes across the stack to a Receiver, which measures the intensity of the received light. Increased particulate or smoke density in the stack gas attenuates the transmitted light and causes the intensity of the received light to fall. This reduction in intensity is measured and presented as % opacity. The higher the level of particulate or smoke present, the more light lost and therefore, the greater the opacity.
- In situ measurement directly in exhaust gas flow
- Measurement reading as % Opacity
- Modulated green LED source for long lifetime stability and immunity to ambient light
- Rugged 316 stainless steel construction
- Choice of interface options enabling easy integration
- Free utility software for PC based set-up control and data logging
- Optional Operator Interface with different mounting configurations
- Low cost
- Simple to install, commission and operate with an excellent reliability record
- Rugged design with no moving parts so low maintenance
- Latched head and lid design to enable ease of access for installation and maintenance